Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thursday May Tour in 6°C


Was greeted by a cold blast of wind when I went outside to get my bike out of the garage today. Spending all day inside, outside looked warm with the sun being out nearly all day but the wind dropped the temperatures down a lot. After getting a long top on Daniel and I set of to the gym, picking up Heidi on the way.
At the gym we were then joined by some Group 2 people who had been cycling all day somewhere in the Kemptner Wald. At 18.45 Group 1 set of up to Bayerstetten. With some good behind wind we proceeded along a trail which we came out from just in front of Wertach. After Wertach it was up and then down the Elleg, and then up again (funny logic). At the top of the Elleg the wind was cooling down the temperature to about 6 °C and there was snow on the mountains. It had snowed a few days prior and that was in May. If you live here it can snow any time in the year, I guess.
So after cycling along the top of the Elleg we went down a downhill trail which according to Inge and Heidi had once been a lot better.
After that along the road through Petersthal and then uphill some more. Along the way I was getting colder and colder, so next time I know to take some long cycling trousers with me, if the weather conditions are the same. At some point we put our lights on as it was getting dark and then proceeded through Oy-Mittelberg, Dohle and home. I went strait home for some tee and a bath to warm me up and some continued on to the Bistro.
Track at GPSies and some pictures at Picasa from Jon and me. Group 2 track and pictures here.

Time in saddle: 3 hours
Distance: 44.3 km
Average speed: 14.9 km/h

No comments:

Post a Comment