Sunday, September 28, 2014

Reuterwanne & Fichtelhütte

Woke up due to Daniels alarm today, again. Really strange for him to be up before noon on a weekend, but work calls. Bright sunshine outside called me out of bed after about an hour. Dad had already gone of race biking, so I packed my mountain bike gear and was of. Biked up the Haslacher Alm first of all and met some people walking up, everybody being in a good mood due to the sun. Past the Alm and further on towards the Obere Reuterwanne. The usual way was closed, so I took a more steep route via the Stubentalalm. Reached that and met some people looking for the way, but being my first time up I couldn't help that much. Carried on towards the Pfeiferberg through mud and branches before meeting the main road around the back. Main road being a forest road. Meet nobody on the back side of the Alpspitze, completely different to the other side of the mountain. Carried on to the Dinserhütte and the first other people I saw was shortly before the Alpe. Up to the Fichtelhütte where there where lots of people and even some horses. On my way down I was let past the horses and carried on past the cross at the top, swarming with people and then down the front of the Alpspitze. My breaks didn't work to well at one point on the way down, so I stopped to let them cool down a bit. Dodged people everywhere once again and reached the bottom not spotting Daniel at work before biking back home to some lunch and a shower.
Track at GPSies and pictures at Picasa, Dads race blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment